So today I’m in Daylesford at a regional community renewable energy conference. The professional part of me is happy and excited to be here to reconnect with clever people from clever communities who are rolling forward with big ideas in community owned renewables.
The social beast in me is so happy to be in a little town, no bigger than #narrandera WITH
- cafes open all day on weekend
- Local food in small stores
- An EV charger outside the town hall
- Small artesian studios in odd corners in laneways
- Fantastic approachable range of accommodation
- A WINE bar with food at night
As a result of all of the above and no doubt more the local economy is booming. I’d love to have time to post a case study but now I have to listen to my peers on getting our towns onto a path of sustainability and locally owned community energy.